This year has been filled with unpredictable events that changed our lives.
We have moved from doing business and life in person to doing it from home, which made our organisations more inclusive. With the global health crisis, the economy went into the worst downturn in history, and it meant that everyone was focused only on what is critically important.
The 2020 has catalysed some of the important changes in our society.
Agriculture was deemed #essential and our customers were #stillfarming, but they were doing so in a new way, in a world that demanded not only more transparency and attention to environmental stewardship but also more human connection, even if it is delivered in a new, digital way.
We knew we had the value to offer the industry, and the courageous and relentless team at FluroSat has pushed through all odds to achieve our goals. Through tightening and untightening of the belts, supporting our customers when their own businesses were uncertain this spring, and meeting their needs every step of the way to help them thrive.
This year we have doubled (and in some cases- tripled!) down on our growth in our key geographies: Australia and North America, as well as started operations in Latin America and Eastern Europe.
💡 Spoiler alert: internationalisation of the FluroSense app is underway!
Whilst at the beginning of the year, it felt like we would have to put our plans on hold, we regrouped, sought new ways to collaborate, and have most importantly, not just helped ourselves but helped our customers to adopt "virtual ag", which will be table stakes in 2021!
- Our global partnership with Netafim has certainly contributed the colors to the global map! We are very proud of such an innovative partner!
- Proagrica integration became a lot more powerful with layers of analytics flowing back and forth enabling customers across the globe.
- Established an integration with Climate FieldView to further our market reach and bring more machinery data into our agronomic models.
- ProductionWise got integrated with Overseer FM for seamless nutrient management reporting thanks to support from FAR NZ.
- We continue to support our partners in education like Uni Adeliade, as well as grow our research collaborations with ISU, UNL and others.
- We shared with you our knowledge in 14 case studies and 12 "how-to" articles, 9 educational webinars, and 3 industry eBooks.
- Delivered Virtual Agronomy 101 course to 500+ subscribers
- Contributed our expert opinion at panel discussions on AI and SDG#2
- Connected with industry at 8 conferences and events
- Shared the importance of sustainability, regen ag, and consumer choices
- Supported the Aus AgriTech community, CEAT, Work180, as well as joined Plug'n'Play in North Dakota and Agtech Garage in Brazil
- Our analytics engine FluroSense has been named Data Analytics Solution of the Year at the 2020 AgTech Breakthrough awards
- We won Future Food Asia award and were named the best-connected firm in Aus agtech.
- I, FluroSat founder, Anastasia Volkova, PhD have been recognised as one of the 35 MIT Under 35 and named as one of the BBC 100 Women.
On behalf of our team at FluroSat, I want to say a big "Thank you" to all of our supporters, customers, partners, and ecosystem builders around us.
We hope you will have some well-deserved rest at the end this year!
And we hope to see you in 2021 soon!