FluroSense Terms and Conditions
Personal information includes information or an opinion about an individual that is reasonable. For example, this may include your name, age, gender, postcode, and contact. It may also include financial information, including your credit card information.
Acceptance of the terms and conditions
By clicking a box indicating your acceptance, using or continuing to use our services, or by completing and forwarding to us an order form that refers to these terms and conditions, each of which actions constitutes your acceptance of this agreement, you confirm that:
- You agree to the terms of this agreement;
- You have the authority to bind any company or other legal entity on whose behalf you are entering into this agreement; and
- You are not our direct competitor and are not accessing our services for any benchmarking or competitive purposes.
Collection of personal information
We may collect the following types of personal information:
- Mailing or street address;
- Email address;
- Telephone number and other contact details;
- Age or date of birth;
- Your Property Identification Number (PIC), property name, trading entity, property size, farm map information, and farm operation type (“Your Data”);
- Credit card information;
- Your device ID, device type, geo-location information, computer and connection information, network provider, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the sites, ad data, IP address, and standard web log information;
- Details of the products and services that you are using in relation to the service we are providing including farm management software and services used to gain access to spatial (geo-referenced) data;
- Details of the products and services we have provided to you or that you have enquired about, including any additional information necessary to deliver those products and services and respond to your inquiries;
- Any additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly through our website or app or indirectly through your use of our website or app or online presence or through other websites or accounts from which you permit us to collect information;
- Information you provide to us through customer surveys; or
- Any other personal information that may be required in order to facilitate your dealings with us.
We may collect these types of personal information either directly from you, or from third parties. We may collect this information when you:
- Register on our website or app;
- Communicate with us through face to face communications, calls, correspondence, chats, email, or you share information with us from other social applications, services or websites;
- Interact with our sites, services, content, and advertising; orinvest in our business or enquire as to a potential purchase in our business.
In addition, when you apply for a job or position with us we may collect certain information from (including your name, contact details, working history, and relevant records checks) from recruitment consultant, your previous employers and others who may be able to provide to us to assist in our decision on whether or not to make you an offer of employment or engage you under a contract.
Handling of personal information
We may collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:to enable you to access and use our website, services, online portal and trading services, and app (“Our Services”);
- To operate, protect, improve and optimize Our Services, business and our users’ experience, such as to perform analytics, conduct research and for advertising and marketing;
- To send you service, support and administrative messages, reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and the information requested by you;
- To send you marketing and promotional messages and other information that may be of interest to you, including information sent by, or on behalf of, our business partners that we think you may find interesting;
- To administer rewards, surveys, contests, or other promotional activities or events sponsored or managed by us or our business partners;
- To comply with our legal obligations, resolve any disputes that we may have with any of our users, and enforce our agreements with third parties; and
- To consider your employment application.
We may also disclose your personal information to a trusted third party who also holds other about you. This third party may combine that information in order to enable it and us to develop anonymized consumer insights so that we can better understand your preferences and interests, personalize your experience and enhance the products and services that you receive.
By signing up to our services, you grant us a royalty-free, worldwide, irrevocable and perpetual license to use, reproduce, copy, de-identify and categorize Your Data (including the copyright and other Intellectual Property Rights in Your Data) in electronic format for the purpose of establishing, maintaining and conducting the Services and, in particular:so far as we require, to modify, adapt, reformat and represent Your Data so as to conform to the format(s) generally adopted by us and used in the Our Services;
- So far as we require, to classify, organize and categorize Your Data according to Our recognized categories and segments in the performance of the Services; and
- To compile and analyze Your Data for the purpose of improving our Services for your benefit.
Use of personal information for direct marketing
We and/or our carefully selected business partners may send you direct marketing communications and information about Our Services and other services and products that we believe may be relevant to you. This may take the form of emails, SMS, mail or other forms of communication, in accordance with the Spam Act and the Privacy Act. You may opt-out of receiving marketing materials from us by contacting us using the details set out below or by using the opt-out facilities provided (eg an unsubscribe link).
Disclosure of personal information
- Our employees and related bodies corporate;
- Third party suppliers and service providers (including providers for the operation of our websites and/or our business or in connection with providing our products and services to you); professional advisers, dealers and agents;
- Payment systems operators (eg merchants receiving card payments);our existing or potential agents, business partners or partners;
- Our sponsors or promoters of any competition that we conduct via our services;
- Anyone to whom our assets or businesses (or any part of them) are transferred;
- Specific third parties authorized by you to receive information held by us; and/or other persons, including government agencies, regulatory bodies and law enforcement agencies, or
- As required, authorized or permitted by law.
Disclosure of personal information outside Australia
We may disclose personal information outside of Australia to our third-party suppliers and service providers such as our CRM, financial transaction, and accounting software providers, located in the United Kingdom, United States, and other countries located outside the EEA.
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that any overseas recipient will deal with such personal information in a way that is consistent with the Australian Privacy Principles.
Using our website and cookies
Accessing or correcting your personal information
You can access the personal information we hold about you by contacting us using the ‘Contact Us’ information below. Sometimes, we may not be able to provide you with access to all of your personal information and, where this is the case, we will tell you why. We may also need to verify your identity when you request your personal information. If you think that any personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, please contact us and we will take reasonable steps to ensure that it is corrected.Making a complaintIf you think we have breached the Privacy Act, or you wish to make a complaint about the way we have handled your personal information, you can contact us using the ‘Contact Us’ details set out. Please include your name, email address and/or telephone number and clearly describe your complaint. We will acknowledge your complaint and respond to you regarding your complaint within a reasonable period of time. If you think that we have failed to resolve the complaint satisfactorily, we will provide you with information about the further steps you can take.
15 Newmarket Road Durham, NH 03824 USA
Effective: 1 April 2017